List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KMessageBox::questionYesNo change
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-12-01 23:17:06

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Waldo Bastian sent some bits over the net composing to the following:
>On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
>> Anyway, I'm not too sure that this function should do that, what happens if
>> I just want to display 20 entries from a database to delete ?, should
>> it show just the first 10 ? I don't think 20 strings aren't that much.
>
>What's wrong with showing 4 and a scrollbar?
Just my 2cents: A listbox with a scrollbar and FOUR items is much too small in
many cases to be comfortable. (See the Hall Of Shame) Just try it out with
about 15 files. You could look over them nearly immediately but when you have
to press DOWN several times it becomes hard.
Another thing:

How about making it easy for subclasses of KMessageBox to add a widget and then
subclass it in konqueror. (I admit I did not look at the code, maybe it's
already easy ;-) ) This would be the way to go IMHO. So other apps could add
other widgets (maybe KCDRoast displays a burning CD when it tells be it just
destroyed one ;-)) ).

--

Ciao,
   /  /