Hi, On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: > weis wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > lets try again: > > > > At university our students can not install apps since they are not > > root. So they can install only in their home directories. > > People reported to me that they can not install the RPM > > packages in their home dirs. Is there any way? > > > > And further more: Can we set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to contain > > $HOME/.kde/libs ? Distributors should in addition > > add $HOME/.kde/bin to $PATH, or we do that in startkde. > No, don't use $HOME/.kde - that is for written files. You can > install into any file. You won't have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH > with anything compiled out of KDE's configure :) How could I doubt :-) > And when you can install software, you surely can also extend > PATH :) Once it works with some RPM stuff this might not be true any more ... > > > > And (related to ksycoca) if two services of the same name and the > > same servicetype exists. One of the user and one in the global > > environment. In this case it would IMHO be a good idea to perfer > > the service the user has installed himself. How does KSyCoCa handle > > this ? > > > KStandardDirs eliminates duplicates by default So kSyCoCa uses KStandardDirs to find the .desktop files ? Or was that just: "At least my class does it right" ? Bye Torben > Greetings, Stephan > > -- > When your memory goes, forget it! > >