List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: QSemiModalWidget?
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-12-01 18:40:49

Richard Moore wrote:

> Does anyone know if it would be possible to create a QWidget that
> had it's own event loop (like QSemiModal) but which does not need
> to be a top level widget? I want something like this for inplace
> editing.

I've looked into this a bit more now - the only work that is actually
done in QSemiModal appears to be the centering of the dialog. Everything
else (specifically the modality) is handled by using the Modal widget
flag, however according to the docs this implies the the Dialog flag.
Does this mean it cannot be done?

Rich.
--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk