Nicolas Brodu wrote: > > Hi. I tried to post it to kde-core-devel, but since my email adress changed I no > longer have access there. OK, I added you again. Greetings, Stephan > Anyway, you solved it already, so it's OK. It's just FYI: > > Dawit Alemayehu wrote: > > > Anybody has a clue ? > > > > I do. This is caused by double inheritance in KIOProtocol, the parent class of > > FileProtocol. This is because the parent classes of KIOProtocol, KIOConnectionSignals > > and KIOConnectionSlots both inherit from KIO. Hence, the compiler does not know > > which kioErrorString(...) to call. > > I think if you declare 'class B : virtual public A' then the compiler > merges the multiple inherited functions and ther is no conflict. > > > P.S. Waldo this will not break anything, but will fix the ambiguity issue > > with the double inheritance. > > And it's cleaner if there is no conflict to begin with. > > Cheers, > Nicolas > > -- > Life is a sexually transmitted fatal disease. (W. Allen?) -- When your memory goes, forget it!