Kurt Granroth wrote: > > Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote: > > On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 08:05:29AM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote: > > > I'm investigating the possibility of hacking some code to let KAccel > > > and KAction "know" about each other.. but I would have to convert > > > KAccel to a QObject (and add a signal) and add quite a few new > > > > This seems like the wrong approach to me. A KAccel should simply be a special > > case of an action, ie is not connected to any visual interface elements. > > Are there any differences that I've missed? > > Well.. the rationale for doing it this way is so that we don't have to > write another key config dialog for KAction AND so that we can share > the key config files between kaccel and kaction. I think we could share the files and dialog anyway as long as we make them reasonably abstracted. I think Taj's approach is much cleaner. On a similar subject, has anyone got any ideas about how to start adding support for prefix keys to QAccel/QAction etc? One thing I do like about MS Word is that I can rebind the keys to make them work like emacs - it would be nice if we could do this to KWord too. Rich. > > However, it's hacky and ugly. If you can think of a better way, then > we should definitely go with that... > -- > Kurt Granroth | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth > KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer > granroth@kde.org | granroth@suse.com > KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix -- Richard Moore rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk http://www.robocast.com/ richard@robocast.com http://developer.kde.org/ rich@kde.org