List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Konqy & KIOLittleProgressWidget
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       1999-11-30 16:12:47

I was looking at the Konqy sources, and tried to switch from KonqProgressProxy
to KIOLittleProgressDlg.
I was almost done, but then I realized, that KonqIconView uses different way of
showing progress, and instead of using KonqProgressProxy it only emits signal

Because KIOLittleProgressDlg is only suitable for showing IO progress and
speed, I guess that we should stick with KonqProgressProxy in konqy.
It's the only way of showing progress for some special views and thus it's
probably not feasible to introduce a different way for views that use KIOJob.
Let's keep the things consistent.

Is it true that all apps that create konqy views have to use libkonq ?
Then I would suggest to move KonqProgressProxy to libkonq, because also kview's
konqy view uses it. This class should be only in one place.

KIOLittleProgressDlg is meant for normal applications ( I mean that konqy is
something special :-) ), that load URL's ( e.g. remote files ).
Imagine opening kedit and loading a remote file. Kedit then contains this
progress widget embedded in the statusbar.

	Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@miesto.sk