List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAction and KAccel
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-30 16:26:14

Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 08:05:29AM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > I'm investigating the possibility of hacking some code to let KAccel
> > and KAction "know" about each other.. but I would have to convert
> > KAccel to a QObject (and add a signal) and add quite a few new
>
> This seems like the wrong approach to me. A KAccel should simply be a special
> case of an action, ie is not connected to any visual interface elements.
> Are there any differences that I've missed?

Well.. the rationale for doing it this way is so that we don't have to
write another key config dialog for KAction AND so that we can share
the key config files between kaccel and kaction.

However, it's hacky and ugly.  If you can think of a better way, then
we should definitely go with that...
--
Kurt Granroth            | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix