List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: I just wonder
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-11-30 10:13:32

On tir, 30 nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
>> hmm, since a  number of applications can be embedded into  konqueror
>(kdvi,
>> kgostview etc) as viewers would it be considered interesting to convert
>> khexedit to be able to do the same? Perhaps "core" and object
>> files can be associated with it?
>
>Hmm, I personnally prefer a "core" file in gdb (or kdbg) rather than
>in khexedit :-)
>And an object file in nm...
>>

>> I don't know very much on how this can be done, but I figured
>> this was an ok method of learning it. However I won't do it if you think
>> this is not useful in konqueror.
>
>I don't know if it's useful - you tell us, you're the khexedit author :-)

Is really the task of the author to tell if a feature is useful? Ahh I am
an user myself and I really don't know in this case ;)

>To do it you would need a viewer-only version of khexedit, for instance
>triggered by a command-line argument. OTOH with the upcoming KParts, one
>could even implement a KReadOnlyPart (for the viewer) and a KReadWritePart
>(for the full editor). Might be a good idea to wait a little bit, then.

khexedit can already read a file from the cmdline and be "read only" so this is
not a  problem, but anyway I will wait (when will this be ready? approx.) for
now.

--
Espen Sand