List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: XDND interoperability
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-11-29 19:36:25

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Richard Moore wrote:
> > How about a DnD debugging example in Qt? Ie. a small app that lets you
> > specify the mimetype and enter some data then makes it available as
> > a drag object. It could also report data from drop/drag over events.
> > Might help for sorting out this sort of problem.
>
> I was wondering whether at least the *core* protocol is interoperable, not yet
> thinking about whether we specifiy the same mimetypes.

Oh ok.

One problem I've had in the past (on win32) was that might be relevent
is that some apps eg. ie4 use one drag command (eg. link) while others
use another (eg. netscape uses Copy). Even more confusingly sometimes
the same app uses different commands in different places. This caused
a lot of headaches when I was trying to do DnD from some Java code.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com