List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: Warning: changes in khtml
From:       "David Faure" <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-29 17:01:04

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> > >Yes, I know :-)

> > >Okay.. now Simon was referring to *after* KRASH.  It was my assumption
> > >that Konqueror would be based on KParts... hence my question.
> > >
> > >So let's say that it is now after KRASH and BrowserView now uses
> > >KParts as the back-end.  A few questions:
> > >
> > >1) Will the BrowserView API change at all?  That is, will current
> > >   BrowserView parts have to be rewritten?
> > >
> > >2) Will apps OTHER than Konqueror be able to embed the BrowserView
> > >   parts?  For instance, will my MyCoolApp be able to embed a
> > >   kghostview part?  Or will BrowserView still be very specific to
> > >   Konqueror?
> >
> > While speaking about that - will it be possible then to embed kghostview
inot a
> > KOffice part - that would be cool!!!!!!
>
> No.
>
> Bye
> Torben

You didn't lose your habit of short, expeditive answers :-)

Why wouldn't it be possible ? Because koffice expects a KoPart (vapourware
name for the
current KPart), i.e. a part that handles rotation, deformation, ... ?
Well, we could have a "gateway" that would allow embedding a KPart ?
Oh I see, in this case this would mean embedding a whole window (like
in konqy currently), not a nice embedded part with a frame to resize it, ...

Reggie, when you said embedding kghostview into a KOffice part, you meant :
as current koffice part work, I suppose ? Then I must agree with Torben,
this
would be very difficult to do. kghostview would need to implement a koffice
part,
not only a KPart...

--
David Faure