List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Progress dialog changes
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       1999-11-29 10:45:49

Ok, here comes what I did with current kio progresses.

1. new class KIOProgressBase ( inherit QWidget )
   it does all initialization stuff for progress, like connecting signals to
   slots.
   All slots are implemented as pure virtual methods.
   Progress dialog that inherits this class will implmement only those virtual
   methods which it needs in order to display progress.
   E.g. little progress dialog only implements slotSpeed and slotProcessedSize

2. KIOSimpleProgressDlg and KIOLittleProgressDlg now both inherit
   KIOProgressBase and reimplement its methods.

3. KIOJob now contains methods progressDlg() and listProgressDlg(), which
    return pointers to progress dialogs.
    This way the programmer can get the pointer and do any further
    manipulation with a dialog ( show, hide, iconify etc. )
    Because of this, I have removed all methods showSimpleGUI(), showListGUI(),
    iconifyXXX() from KIOJob class.

4. KIOJob now has three types of GUI : { NONE, SIMPLE, LIST, CUSTOM }
    default type is SIMPLE.

    Apps that want to use a custom progress dialog for IO, will only do this :
    customProgress = new MySpecialProgressDialog();

    and later:

    job->setGUImode( KIOJob::CUSTOM );
    job->setProgressDlg( customProgress );

Except Caitoo and kioslavetest I didn't have to port anything.
All apps will work as before.
I will port Konqy's views ( also in kview ) to a little progress ASAP.

I suggest using this widget also for kmail and empath.
Embedded in statusbar, it saves space, and looks nice(tm) :-)

Can I commit ? Objections, Comments ?

	Ciao

			Matt

--