On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to configure kded which directories to watch for new > mimetypes, .desktop-files, et al? > I imagine our university network, where the KDE-installation is quite > static (you wouldn't need to run kded at all), but with KDEDIRS, a user > could install his own additions, where kded would make sense. > So could I tell kded to watch e.g. ~/kde, but not /usr/KDE? Should be possible. > I don't think 500 users stat'ing our /usr/KDE hierarchy once in a second > over NFS would be a good idea. True. Cheers, Waldo