Okay, so I've been fooling around with KAction as it kicks ass.. but I can't seem to get it to play along with KAccel at all :-( So question to KAccel gurus (David and Simon, maybe?): how do I use KAccel with KAction? I tried something like the following: m_accelKeys->connectItem(KAccel::Open, this, SLOT(fileOpen())); open_act = new KAction(i18n("&Open..."), QIconSet(BarIcon("fileopen")), KAccel::Open, this, SLOT(fileOpen()), this); open_act->plug(m_file); open_act->plug(toolBar()); And it all worked EXCEPT the keyboard accel. The menu shows just garbage where it should show CTRL-O (and while I'm at it, why do I need two 'this' pointers? what do each of them mean?) Any clues? -- Kurt Granroth | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer granroth@kde.org | granroth@suse.com KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix