List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Warning: changes in khtml
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-29 0:09:29

David Faure wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 01:32:55PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > > That's why we decided to leave things as is (not to break stuff for
> > > Krash) and finish the port of khtmlwidget to become a full fledged
> > > BrowserView after Krash.
> >
> > By 'BrowserView', I hope you are referring to KParts?
> Not yet.
> The current BrowserView is what allows to embed in konqueror.
> Currently it's not related to KParts,

Yes, I know :-)

> but the KParts beind developed in kdenonbeta (a less-koffice-specific
> KParts) will allows BrowserView to be based on it.

Okay.. now Simon was referring to *after* KRASH.  It was my assumption
that Konqueror would be based on KParts... hence my question.

So let's say that it is now after KRASH and BrowserView now uses
KParts as the back-end.  A few questions:

1) Will the BrowserView API change at all?  That is, will current
   BrowserView parts have to be rewritten?

2) Will apps OTHER than Konqueror be able to embed the BrowserView
   parts?  For instance, will my MyCoolApp be able to embed a
   kghostview part?  Or will BrowserView still be very specific to
   Konqueror?
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth