List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: multiply targetted data_DATA (Stephan?) (was Re: Canonic example...
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-11-28 20:20:40

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> then you handle the desktop file... Aha! Now I get you!! You already have
> a desktop file for the app itself and you don't know (and me not more than
> you :-(  ) how to handle multiple data resources targetted to different
> spot installations. Hmm! Perhaps the best solution is to put the config
> module in its own directory in the source tree. If you do so, then the
> makefile.am will have  to contain also:
>
> data_DATA = gofai_cfg.desktop
> datadir = $(kde_appsdir)/Settings/Applications
> EXTRA_DIST = $(data_DATA)
>
> Stephan? Is there any better solution?

Ok, Master Coolo answered already (viva IRC :-)

you can use on single directory, but have something like this in the
Makefile.am:

data_DATA = gofai.desktop
cfgs_DATA = gofai_cfg.desktop

datadir = $(kde_appsdir)/Utilities
cfgsdir = $(kde_appsdir)/Settings/Application

Ok. Now you're completely set.

Cristian