List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Reminder: KDE 2 Architecture
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-26 15:27:40

Hi,

this is the regular reminder to look at the CVS module
developer.kde.org/kde2arch/....
and to either commit or reassign the tasks assigned to you.

The paper evolved quite nicely, we even got more stuff than originally planned,
thanks a lot to all the contributors. Some sections, however, are still missing.
Among them very important sections, unfortunatly.

The paper is *very* important for any release. We aim to finish it *before* the
KRASH release.

Come'on, we can't release a major update with just marketing blurb and a hint
"read the source code". Some technical overview is required if KDE 2.0 shall
become a success. We provide too much technology, it's very hard for new
developers to get a reasonable overview. This is the problem the paper
addresses: a) make it easier for newbies to start. b) make it easier for all
developers to understand what the others are doing. c) reduce our support load
on the development mailing lists.

Please, guys, invest a few minutes or maybe one hour to add the missing
parts. BTW: everybody can contribute to the paper, not just the people mentioned
in the draft currently.

Thanks for listening,

  Matthias