List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: Key management
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-11-26 9:30:13

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> > All the rest is IMHO global settings.
>
> I agree with this to certain degree.  All defaults should be based on the
> global settings, but we should not IMHO restrict configurability at the app
> level.

I agree with this.

I don't think it would be good to have _every_ global setting
configurable at application level as well but if an application insists
on providing an app specific configuration for something then that
should be up to the app.

KDE should be consistent, which means that out-of-the-box KDE should
act very predictable. What the user does with it afterwards is
completely up to him or her.

Note also that the style guide only defines the _default_ behaviour.
Your editor-application can have an option to support full emacs
key-bindings. Just make sure that the option is off by default and
that _when_ it is turned off, your application follows the style guide.

Cheers,
Waldo