List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Key management
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-24 20:22:48

Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:
> > Sorry, nowhere in those apps I have accelertors for the menu to drive
> > the system without mouse. In none of them! But I like this and I love
> > to break Unix compatiblity in KDE to increase usability. And I don't
> > think ^F, ^B, etc do really help us with usability.
>
> Netscape does have them as well as the Gimp, and GNOME applications
Hmm, how exactly you drive netscape without mouse? I can't reach the
File menu with the keyboard. No matter what I do. And all the Gimp
versions
I tried doesn't had that. Perhaps I have to try gimp again.

> (eg GMC) though I don't know if standardized.  ^F, ^B do help
> usability, especially for those of us who touch type and never want to
> leave the home row...  I'm sure you've heard all the arguments before.
>
> The thing is, this already is a defacto standard on Unix, and breaking
> it really doesn't help some people.
some! But keeping ^F for opening files will definitly help a lot of
others

Greetings, Stephan

--
When your memory goes, forget it!