List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Key management
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       1999-11-24 19:32:15

Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:
> Sorry, nowhere in those apps I have accelertors for the menu to drive
> the system without mouse. In none of them! But I like this and I love
> to break Unix compatiblity in KDE to increase usability. And I don't
> think ^F, ^B, etc do really help us with usability.

Netscape does have them as well as the Gimp, and GNOME applications
(eg GMC) though I don't know if standardized.  ^F, ^B do help
usability, especially for those of us who touch type and never want to
leave the home row...  I'm sure you've heard all the arguments before.

The thing is, this already is a defacto standard on Unix, and breaking
it really doesn't help some people.