List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWrite should be a part ?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-24 19:23:33

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 08:13:56PM +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Should kwrite be a KPart ? Is somebody working on that ?

Yes, slowly.
Simon and I have started kparts in kdenonbeta.
The current KParts is too much koffice-oriented for general
use in KDE. We first need a simple KParts for simple embedding and
GUI action sharing, without involving the Document/View model, and
without implementing PartChilds and stuff.
Of course the current KParts (which might become "KoParts" or
simply be merged into kofficecore) will inherit KParts, so
that interoperability will be possible (with limitations of course -
the document/view model disappearing when embedding kword in ... kdevelop :-)

So : stay tuned, or feel free to see kdenonbeta/kparts/COMMENTS for
what to do next with the new kparts.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org