List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions and troubles with the save-load architecture
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-11-22 14:46:00

> >   Now we may have some problems, but something is messy with other
> > applications, too. For example, a new or load in KWord destroys the
> > current document (without asking) and overwrites the old one.
>
> Then Reggie does not call setModified when he should.

  Actually in KPresenter basically all the settings were in (but as a
assignment, not a function call).
  But the real trick was more subtle: the m_bModified and m_bEmpty
variables and the corresponding functions were overwritten in KWordDoc and
KPresentDoc. And I think that the framework was somehow accessing the
lower level private variable while the setting happened for the upper
level...

> >   I think I could overwrite the default slots and force a specific
> > functionality, but I think that kchart being the most simple program from
> > the koffice suite, it should work with the defaults.
>
> Shure :-)

  You smile, you smile, but we are going to have a bit of trouble with the
fact that the charting has a special implementation in kspread, and I am
not quite clear who is saving the data there. :-)

        Lotzi