List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KSCD Questionaire
From:       Harri Porten <porten () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-19 10:18:07

Bo Thorsen wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Michael Reiher wrote:
>
> > This morning I startet recompiling whole kde. As I came back home the
> > compilation got stuck in kdemultimedia?! KSCD was playing a
> > questionaire. Is this really neccessary? It breaks all compile scripts!
>
> I wondered a lot about this also. I thought this was the thing configure
> scripts do. At least the question about platform is irrelevant since the
> configure scripts have the answer. The questions about the extensions can
> probably not be part of the configure scripts automatic search of your
> system so maybe it should be options for the configure script?

It the latest re-ordering of the configure scripts caused this problem
you might want to compare the current flow of events with the mechanism
in KDE 1.x.

> Besides, the eject button of HEAD locks my drive in a quite mysterious
> way: I can not get out the cd (neither eject, pressing the button, doing
> eject as root, umount/mount in various orders, swinging dead cats by
> midnight etc.) but I can still play the cd??? Get's kind of annouying
> after 10 hours :-)

The eject code most certainly has a tiny bug. Somebody already send in a
patch the wasn't perfect either. Good news: Dirk Foersterling (who know
the low level code by heart) will pick up maintainance of kscd so let's
cross our fingers that such issues will be fixed soon.

Harri.