List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    arbitrary file associations
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       1999-11-18 0:14:01

Do we have any plan in KDE 2.0 to allow files (urls, really) to be
arbitrarily associated with different servicetypes (mime types)?  I.e. we
can override the servicetype for a particular file if we want.

Even Windows95 has this.  It would be a shame if we still lack this when
KDE 2.0 premiers.  All it would take is a simple lookup database it seems.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.