List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    khelpcenter - hack ;-)
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-11-17 15:40:24

Hi,

I just sat down this afternoon and hacked a little hack ;-)

See:

http://neuro2.med.uni-magdeburg.de/~shaus/khchack.gif

It works so far, but only 3 links in that tree work, because the rest is
docbook documentation which khtml obviously can't display ;)
(and the link still points to the .html doc -- which it should though, I
guess)

Another missing feature are the man/info browsers (there are a few
problems, regarding the addressing (url/servicetype wise) of man/info
pages, etc.)

(and in addition I can't seem to get that search thingy to work, but that
seems to be a missing feature in the khc code)

Now I wonder:

Do we want this hack (khc integrated in konqueror) ?

Should KHelpcenter stay a separate application? (note: the old khelpcenter
contained a lot of duplicated code from the old konqueror)

Does anyone have good ideas for a better integration? (currently that hack
consists of the khc_navigator as embedded BrowserView, in passive view
mode state, combined together with the htmlview, via a view profile) .

Opinions? Flames?

Ciao,
 Simon