List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kcmemail
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-11-17 4:26:10

KMail does support multiple incoming mailboxes. So the Server information and
Incoming mail server type sections aren't a perfect match for it either.

KMail also supports mutliple ways of sending mail.

Even the username section can vary, eg apparently Magellan supports multiple
personas.

I guess the benefit this dialog provides is centraliizng information shared
between apps, so that the user can, say,  try out different email clients with
ease. Right?

I guess the cost is that this dialog may confuse the user into believing
multiple personas and/or incoming mailboxes are not supported. Or/and make
configuring these options more difficult than it has to be.

The dialog as shown does not provide enough functionality to replace or
standardize the standard set of email client configuration options.

What is the purpose of this dialog?

Is it meant to provide the primary means of configuring email settings or are
email clients meant to save certain info in a centralized, standardized format
and this dialog simply displays that information?

Can Rik draw a diagram of his kcmemail for comparison?

BFN,
Don.