List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: More KServiceTypeProfile thoughts (and why gvim gets launched
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-11-16 13:29:38

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:

> > I mean, put '0' on kwrite and '3' on gvim and not the other way around.
> > Why? Look at what the samba team does with the prefered browser servers
> > on an NT lan :-)
> Oh, you mean so that with 0 we are sure it's the maximum ?
> Well if we say valid numbers are between 0 and 10 and put 10 for kwrite,
> we're sure it will always be the maximum, so I don't see the difference !??

Of course. But with this you will always have to fight poeple to
understand where the max limit stands etc. Anyways, this is minor issue. I
like practical logic exercises a bit too much.

Now a real issue. What happens if a subsequently installed .desktop file
doubles the same preference number for a mimetype. Use random? Use
alphabetic order?

Cristian