List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: kwmmapp.h
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-15 16:21:44

> Very bad timing from my side, I admit. I was under the wrong assumption
that
> only window manager modules used kwmmoduleapp (as the name indicates).
Well the name is wrong then.
Stuff like kdesktop made an extensive use of it and removing kwmmoduleapp
without any hint about how to port to the new stuff wasn't really nice.

BTW, many many thanks to Cristian for porting kdesktop !

> I marked kwmmoduleapp obsolete weeks ago
Didn't see that (no #warning) and wouldn't have helped anyway, without
the new class nor any KDE2PORTING instructions.

> the successor KWinModule has been announced several times as was the
planned removal of
> KWMModuleApplication. Many applications have been ported already, I wasn't
aware some weren't.
Told you on kde-cvs.

> We can add kwmmodule application again, but since it doesn't work with
kwin
> it's rather pointless. The applications could just as well use
KApplication
> instead.
>
> Alternative was porting KWMModuleApplicaton to use KWinModule.... but
that's
> probably more work than fixing the apps.
>
> Whatever you reckon, I will work on ksession today  (KDE
> still can't logout with kicker or kwin....).
Great.

> I'm not happy with KRASH's timing either, I'd rather like to delay it one
more
> week.  In one week, we will have at least a working windowmanager, panel
and
> the possibility to log in and log out. And the new control center might
showoff
> at least some of the new modules.

Well we don't have the choice, have we ?

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer