List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New KPopupMenu
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-11-13 0:55:17

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> I like the new menu. But why do you consider the additional constructor
> obsolete? It's quite practical and fits into the Qt model, I think.
>
> Matthias

Because it inserts an item into the menu automatically (adding an
index), which is a no-no. Also since you don't get a return value you
can't call changeItem, text(), or any other of the methods. It doesn't
match the rest of QPopupMenu either. Titles are no different than using
any other menu item, and should be treated as such.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com