List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kioslave location
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-12 2:08:49

#if David Faure

I said pim, actually :)

> > In that case, I'll have to include khelpcenter and kio_pop3 in any separate
> > distribution.
> >
> > Does this strike anyone as stoopid ?
>
> So what do you suggest ?

My suggestion (given in the 'Little evaluation of' thread) was that KDE
should be distributed in 3 different ways.

1. As source - in whatever configuration we feel like.

2. 'KDE' - kdelibs and kdebase combined. All apps from other modules are
   packaged separately. The apps from other modules (kdenetwork, kdeadmin etc)
   are all still considered to be a part of KDE 2 and supported.

3. KAS - KDE Application support kdelibs + kioslaves + khelpcenter. Basically
   everything needed for a KDE app to run, without the user needing the whole
   of kdebase. This is what you suggest people download when they say 'I want
   to run so-and-so-KDE-app but I don't want to use the rest of KDE'.

--
 _ '/
/ //(