List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Columbo & libsearch ( was Re: kioslave location )
From:       Matt Koss <koss () post ! sk>
Date:       1999-11-11 23:13:34

Libsearch is an atempt to create a general search library for performing all
kinds of searches.
I have put there also a KPing class that is used to get a speed of web servers
( in Caito for finding out the fastest server ).

I have take it out of Columbo and put it in a separate directory.

Columbo is then using this library and creates a query dialogs.

I am close to finish ftp-search feature for Caitoo ( using libsearch, of course ).
Users of Caitoo will be probably nicely surprised, this feature works almost
the same way as in Gozilla.

Mosfet suggested to create a konqueror plugin that would use libsearch and
integrate search features with konqueror.

As you see, the development is going on well and we won't let KDE die !   :-))

	Regards

			Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@post.sk