List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: QextMDI -> KDE ?
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-11 13:27:50

kde.

Even more : it's a bad OLD windows thing. Even windows drops it
(I cited Word 2000 earlier on). MDI is very confusing for users.
Which is why they removed it, and which is why we don't use it either.
But yes, it can be considered convenient for developers, which is why
they kept it for Visual Blah tools, and which is why kdevelop uses it.
Although I'm personnally happy with the non-MDI XEmacs :)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer