List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: QListView layout question
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       1999-11-10 19:57:15

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>If you tell me what the problem (and tell me how you think it should be done
>better) I can fix it in Qt! :-)

:-) Well, I'm not sure if this can be done without breaking binary
compatibility. Anyway, QScrollView contains this:

QSizePolicy QScrollView::sizePolicy() const
{
    return QSizePolicy( QSizePolicy::Expanding, QSizePolicy::Expanding );
}

In my understanding, this means that the widget can be resized to a
height of zero. With QSizePolicy::MinimumExpanding, this can be
prevented. Deciding about the minimum size is then still something
the application programmer has to decide about. Maybe one could
achieve the same effect by overriding minimumSizeHint() ...
just a moment ... the Qt sources I have here contain the following:

QSize QListBox::minimumSizeHint() const
{
    //###should be implemented
    return QScrollView::minimumSizeHint();