List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KPixmap/KPixmapEffect
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-10 11:40:08

Hi,

I'd like to remove the obsolete functions of kdecore/KPixmap from the API,
as they're not implemented anyway and it's better for the average programmer
to find the error when it fails during compile time than when it fails
during runtime.

Also I'd like to move the KPixmap::pattern() function to KPixmapEffects,
where somebody has added the same (?) function, but implemented it using
very slow QImage operations.

In addition I'd like to change the return type/parameters of the
KPixmapEffects functions from QImage to KPixmap, because the class is
supposed to work on Pixmaps and not on QImages. Of course I will check
what will be broken by that and fix that also, so that everything will
still compile and work afterwards.

May I start work on that?

Dirk