List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Summary of the "Programs" Submenu thread
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-09 9:27:04

On Mon, 08 Nov 1999, Mosfet wrote:

> If we follow the above summary the application menu will fit easily in
> the toplevel menu. Does this sound cool?

Yes, definitely! I agree with all of them, besides that the toplevel folder
structure might need some restructuring imho.
Currently 70% of the KDE programs install themself in Utilities/
This way the whole structuring is already made obsolete ;)

so several issues come to my mind, including
what about KOffice?
What about System monitor programs? should they go to System/Monitor?
what about development tools? Should they go to applications? imho not
what about user scripts?
What about work related programs / fun related programs?

What about network related tools? they can't go into a Internet subfolder,
as they might base on smb or something else

and what about "Toys" ? They shouldn't be in the same folder than Utilities!
What about documentation?

Dirk