Am Don, 04 Nov 1999 schrieb pbrown@redhat.com: > OK I am not going to quote all the points that have been made and then > systematically try to win the debate. :) > > KFileDialog is a nice attempt. I'm not saying it can't be a great dialog. > But the simple fact is _right now_, it is _broken_. And it has been > broken for _ages_. > > QFileDialog is _not_ broken. At the moment it is - see my other mail (and other arguments as well). > > These are the facts. Now, if someone is going to fix up KFileDialog to be > _good_, and before the end of November, then great. Let's keep it. But > let's set some sort of deadline. If the hacking doesn't get done, no > finger pointing, no whining, clearly the KDE project doesn't have the > spare cycles to handle the issue. And at that point I don't see why using > QFileDialog is such a bad thing. Reggie has offered to make it highly Because all applications have to be ported (QFS has different API). Fixing KFS should be less work. Christian -- Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org The Christian Esken |/ Desktop KDE Developer |\ Environment esken@kde.org KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon