List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: motion to move magic data into .desktop files
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-05 19:39:42

Am Don, 04 Nov 1999 schrieb pbrown@redhat.com:
> I make a motion to move a mime type's "magic" signature from the global
> magic file into the individual desktop files.  It makes packaging
> oh-so-much easier, and it makese sense.  Why should this data be an
> exception (other than for historical reasons)?

The historical reasons have no impact on the everyday KDE programmer.

I am much in favour of moving it. It is the correct place and makes adding
new "magics" so much easier.

This "magic" will be part of syscoca, will it?

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon