List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDialogBase / KMessageBox
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-11-05 13:59:03

On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, Espen Sand wrote:
> I can add "Yes" and "No" buttons. Should these be aligned to an edge or be
> centered. The button bar is missing some functionality and centering in one
> example.

> Is it diffcult because the buttons you use do not terminate the the
> dialog  as an "OK" or "Cancel" (returning accept or reject)? If so I
> can fix this.  (see below)

> I have more or less planned that the spacings should be
> configureable by some  central object. Currently there are only two
> values: marginHint() which controls the spacing from the dialog edge
> to the outermost widgets and spacingHint() which controls the spacing
> between widgets.

> The action button spacing are controlled by the spacingHint() and
> they will be  moved to the right area of the dialog, not centered as
> in the messagte boxes.

> I can make a new KDialogBase constructor (don't know how it will look like yet)
> or dialog mode that will turn the class into a message box state. In this state
> one can then  specify "yes", No" "Cancel" and it will provide slots and signals
> for those buttons and center them as well.

For the messageboxes I either have "OK", "Yes"/"No",
"Yes"/"No"/Cancel" and maybe a "OK"/"Cancel".

At the moment they are centered in the middle of the dialog with
stretch in between them.

Each button terminates the dialog. It would be nice if the button wich
was pressed could be returned in some way (in addition to the accept /
reject).

Cheers,
Waldo