List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDialogBase / KMessageBox
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-11-05 11:57:24

Hiya,

I am curently looking into the possibility to let KMessageBox  use
KDialogBase. I encountered a few issues while doing so.

* KDialogBase does not really fit to "Yes/No" or "Yes/No/Cancel"
dialogs. It seems to be very much aimed at configuration dialogs (?)
(I currently use User1 as Yes and User2 as No buttons.)

* It's not easy to make a modal dialog which terminates when one of the
buttons is pressed. I either need to subclass the KDialogBase class for
this, or I need to connect a signal to a slot. Unfortunately there is no
other object than the dialog itself within KMessageBox, so I can't make
a slot anywhere.

* The buttons are much closer together than with a QMessageBox.

Opinions/suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Waldo