List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The filedialog, please read
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-11-05 10:30:00

On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > Sure, the icon is crap. But noone did something new ;(
> > > But what do you try to proove? Would you add a fat label
> > > "switch to single click here"?
> >
> > It shouldn't use double click as default in the first place.
> > In the control center you can add a switch "use double click".
> > And then all of KDE will use double clicks.
> >
> > Using double clicks in a file dialog only is inconsistent and deserves a
> > place in the user interface hall of shame.
>
> OK, did you ever program a widget in Qt 1.44 that used single click
> correctly?

What do you try to say? Is it impossible with Qt 1.44 to support single
click? Is single click a broken concept that shuldn't used? Please be
more clear and drop the rhetoric if you try to make a point.

> I don't know why you come up with this NOW -

I come up with this because double click within the file dialog was
mentioned.

> this file
> dialog is this way since 1.0 beta4. I'm really pissed!

This is indeed a quite bad bug in KDE 1.x

Cheers,
Waldo