List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    The filedialog, once again ...
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-11-04 22:37:40

Hi,

interesting how large a discussion about one dialog can become .... :-)

I just want to talk about an often used argument:

KFileDialog has bugs, KSpread has bugs.
Do we remove KSpread: No.
So why should we replace KFileDialog now ?

The key is "replace" and "remove".
KSpread can not be replaced by something better so we improve it.
KFileDialog can right now and here be replaced with something
that I consider to be technically better and that is well supported.

So dont bring this "bugs are normal" argument all over again.
The fact that there are bugs does not mean we should avoid ways
which lead fast to high quality.

Bye
Torben