List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: The filedialog, please read
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-11-04 17:34:25

> >("the users never complained"? - of course not. Nobody is using it ).
> Oh come on, that's really not true. Most KDE apps use it, so users use it.

I was talking about the one in KDE-2.0

[snip]

> Just note that 10 'users' complaining against 1 or 2 authors is not very
> fair,
> so I assumed I had the right to be on the side of the author(s) even
> if I'm not one.

It's not against the authors, it's against a certain piece of code in its
current state and the fact that it was claimed here that nobody ever complained.
Come one, we are all adult enough to handle technical discussions about
technical things.  A decision has to be made between a new dialog from
Reggie and an slightly unmaintained one from Coolo and others. Whatever
gets decided will or might dissappoint someone personally (unless we go with a
global configuration option).  It's not a matter of a "side", that's far too
political. It's a matter of evaluating technical pros and cons. We have to be
able to discuss these things openly and free of politics. If we let personal
issues slip into technical design decisisons, KDE was on a very slippery slope.

/me also shuts up on this subject from now on.

Matthias