List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The filedialog, please read
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-04 17:12:39

Okay, it seems that the majority of developers want a better file
dialog and everybody (except maybe coolo) admit that KFileDialog just
doesn't cut it right now.  However, QFileDialog isn't quite ready,
either (although it's closer IMO).  So why don't we see some hacking
here and then evaluate which is best.

Coolo, why don't you hack KFileDialog NOW to give us all of the
capabilities we want?

Reggie, you have said that you will extend QFileDialog to give us all
we want.  Well, do so NOW.

In a week or so (hopefully less), we can look at them and evaluate
which one suites our needs -- which one does what we want and does it
now!
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth