List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The filedialog, please read
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-04 14:52:24

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I know that some people have strong feelings about this issue
> >> but nevertheless I want to bring it up again.
> >>
> >> I got all kinds of problems with the KFileDialog
> >>
> >> a) Key events went in the wrong widget making it unuseable
> >> b) Much too big. Can not find the "Ok" button on my notebook
> >> c) Very much too big when using a "Projektor" which has
> >> 800x600 pixels.
> >Those are just bugs.
>
> When we are at bugs in KFileDialog, here is what I noticed:
> - Initial size is always too big
> - There are _ugly_ hacks done to QListBox and QListView so that focushandling
>   is totally broken (like moving cursor with the mouse (press+move) doesn´t
>   work)
> - If I press Arrow->left in the URL combobox, the focus jumps to another
>   widget (very strange...)
> - Doubleclick/Singleclick doesn´t work, doesn´t matter what I configure. Most
>   of the time a mixture is used
> - In the view where QListView is used (detail view) not even double click works
This code is about two weeks old.
> - The view which uses this iconview like thingy (derived from QTableView) has
>   also wrong focushandling (no focusrect at all IIRC)
>
> And then there are of course missing features like
> - Drag´n´Drop
> - In-place renaming
> - Removing files (or is this implemented, I´m not sure)
Both features were left out by design as most people don't like it
from what I heard. But now that kfm isn't running all the time, they
would make sense again.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.