List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    being able to "remove" global items from KStdDirs hierarchy
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       1999-11-01 21:51:47

So I'm working on FileTypes (the new mime-type editing application) today
and I had a realization.  If a user wants to be able to _remove_ a
mimetype from their sycoca registry that is global in nature, they won't
be able to.  They can override it and stuff, but they can't actually make
it disappear.  This isn't very good.

Any opinions on how we should handle this?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.