List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: kparts
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-01 13:51:06

[skip very well-described reasons]

> So we discussed about implementing the following:
>
> Move some features from kparts to libkoffice* and create a new set of
> interfaces, on top of kparts: A document-view oriented (like
> kparts itself) set of interfaces, providing methods for
> read-write access to URL referenced documents and for a simple QWidget
> based graphical embedding.
Well, no need to say I'm in favour of this ;)

> In addition we might need interfaces to actually read/store
> data, like the koffice store.
I'm still not sure about this. Please give an example where it would be
useful :)
If kdevelop embeds kwrite, it just wants the text file to be saved
in the usual way kwrite does. No store stuff
(keep in mind the koffice store is actually a file format implementation,
now a tar file. We don't want that in other apps)

> What do you think of that? :-)
You see, you can write such mails ! ;)

I just read Torben's input. Excellent !! I love it !

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer