List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KApplication -> KInstance
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-30 13:38:27

David Faure wrote:

> I see the point, but as Stephan said, you should do this without
> faking arguments where there are none...
>
> How did you think of faking the args in KLibLoader ?
> A similar approach could be used, but without making them args...

I think, it's very legitim to put the icon and caption into KInstance,
but KInstance shouldn't set them theirself. If you run it from a
KApplication, KApplication is still the source for this informations.
Whatever parses the given servicetype also knows about the translated
Name and should pass that one to the created KInstance. Don't pass
anything else to KInstance than the pixmaps and the caption - or you
simply ruin the API :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Everyone makes mistakes -- but we are more experienced at it
                                      anonymous KDE developer