While hacking on Motif DND for Qt I had to recompile kdelibs and caitoo for debugging ( I left Qt without debug info ). In gdb 4.17 from RedHat 6.0 distribution I was able to get a backtrace, but the list command didn't work for me. I always got some errors, like that some object files are missing. I guess that because of that I would not be able to use debugging features in XEmacs or kdbg, e.g. visually setting breakpoints etc, or would I ? I remember some time ago the discussion about using gdb 4.18. Do I need to upgrade gdb in order to get listing with Qt & KDE ? Please correct me if I am talking nonsense. Regards Matt -- Matej Koss e-mail: koss@post.sk Kosice ICQ# : 19344305 Slovakia