List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KHelpMenu and QPopMenu pointer destruction
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-10-28 13:09:26

The destruction procdeure in the KHelpMenu object is not really very good
(see kdeui/khelpmenu.h for doc). The docs could have been better as well ;)

Can the ~KHelpMenu safely destroy the QPopMenu pointer when this pointer is
installed in KHelpMenu? The QPopMenu pointer does not have to be inserted
into a KHelpMenu but perhaps be used as a toplevel menu in apps that have no
menubar etc.

The reason why I ask is that the former KApplication::helpMenu() simply
allocated a pointer but never destroyed it. I have seen some apps in the cvs
that delete the help menu pointer on exit.

Personally I would like to get the QPopMenu destruction into the ~KHelpMenu
because this is the cleaner and easier to understand solution. Or should I
simply not destroy the popmup menu pointer at all?

--
Espen Sand