List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: No comments on using dcop instead of XClientMessage?
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-10-27 12:10:05

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Mosfet wrote:
> > Hi, I sent out a message yesterday about switching things like global
> > palette changing and style changing to DCop but haven't gotten a
> > response. I got some bugs in the current code so would like to know what
> > to do ;-) Switching to dcop seems like a good idea (assuming it's
> > working when I update ;-) I would require a dcop server object tho and
> > everyone to attach. Is that reasonable or bad?
> >

> I think it's both reasonable and good.
>
> I just wish we could do session management via DCOP as well. However,
> compatibility with "legacy" apps force us to use X11R6 SM (although none of
> these legacy apps is existing today.... *sigh* )

Okay, no problem. I just wanted to make it clear this will require all
apps to attach. AFAIK this was origianally what happened and was then
removed. It will have to go back in.

I'll start as soon as I finish with the packaging I am doing now...

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com