On Po, 25 okt 1999, you wrote: > >Size should not be a problem for KConfig as it uses a tree structure now to >store it's keys. Exactly. > >Notice the IMO which I wrote... (in MY opinion) > Better to use IMHO :-)) >> I agree that some of the wallpaper tilings might not be used that widely as the >> others, but the code for creation of tiling effects is very small and you cannot >> call it "bloat" at all. > >I don't consider it code bloat, but rather ergonomic bloat. When a simple >user wants to set a desktop wallpaper, does het really have to choose from >10 different tilings? The words "has to" are not appropriate. The choice is always a good thing. This is solved by preselecting a default tiling mode ( e.g. Tiled ). User doesn't have to touch a combo-box at all. OTOH exactly because of this "ergonomic bloat" I have switched from radio buttons to a combo box. > >> But randomizing is a feature that you should put back, otherwise I could not >> accept your rewrite. >> For me it's like you would take an old kpanel, add themeable buttons, but >> remove docking feature. See the point ? > >Well, the kpanel point seems a little far taken, but I can see that you put >effort in the random mode, and that I was somewhat rude to you in taking it >out :) No offense :-) Little exaggeration sometimes help to persuade. Of course, I don't consider the randomizimg feature to be on the same level as docking in kpanel at all. Also, when I wrote that integrating xearth is not useful from my point of view, it's not a complete truth. Maybe I would not use xearth, but integration of programs that display themselves on a desktop is a nice feature. We were talking about it a while before on the mailing list, and I even wanted to add some stuff to kcmdisplay for configuring such progs. While you are into it now, I guess that you have thought about it too. This might include screensavers running on desktop and all sorts of more or less useful apps. Best regards Matt -- Matej Koss e-mail: koss@post.sk Kosice ICQ# : 19344305 Slovakia